- Social Media
- Email Marketing
Next to best practises, cases, facts & figures, you can also look forward to detailed, practical how-to posts and video’s on Web Analytics and Conversion Optimization in the near future.
The Official WAA Definition of Web Analytics:
“Web Analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of Internet data for the purposes of understanding and optimizing Web usage.”
The Web Analytics Wikipedia page:
“Web analytics is not just a tool for measuring website traffic but can be used as a tool for business research and market research. Web analytics applications can also help companies measure the results of traditional print advertising campaigns. It helps one to estimate how traffic to a website changes after the launch of a new advertising campaign. Web analytics provides information about the number of visitors to a website and the number of page views. It helps gauge traffic and popularity trends which is useful for market research.
There are two categories of web analytics; off-site and on-site web analytics.
Off-site web analytics refers to web measurement and analysis regardless of whether you own or maintain a website. It includes the measurement of a website’s potential audience (opportunity), share of voice (visibility), and buzz (comments) that is happening on the Internet as a whole.
On-site web analytics measure a visitor’s journey once on your website. This includes its drivers and conversions; for example, which landing pages encourage people to make a purchase. On-site web analytics measures the performance of your website in a commercial context. This data is typically compared against key performance indicators for performance, and used to improve a web site or marketing campaign’s audience response.
Historically, web analytics has referred to on-site visitor measurement. However in recent years this has blurred, mainly because vendors are producing tools that span both categories.”
Other usefull Web Analytics & Conversion websites:
- Occam’s Razor by Avinash Kaushik (English)
- Google Conversion University (English)
- Google Analytics Blog (English)
- Web Analisten (Dutch)
Related Analytics Categories @AnibalDoRosario:
Page maintained by Anibal do Rosario
Get Updates by Mail
- Brand Utilities: The End of Advertising Magic?
- Tech-Optimism Debunked by Evgeny Morozov? (VIDEO)
- Social Business Hierarchy of Needs
- Coca Cola Shares Social Media Strategy deck (Case)
- Billion Dollar Customer Loyalty Lessons by Zappos?
- The State Of The Internet 2010 – Facts & Figures (Video – 3:52)
- Flash is een blijvertje (Opinie)
- How Do You Build a Chocolate Brand? (Video – 3:00)
5 Recent Comments
- Facebook F8 Updates: Graph Rank, Open Graph & Timeline | @AnibalDoRosario on How Facebook’s EdgeRank Works
- Facebook F8 Updates: Graph Rank, Open Graph & Timeline | @AnibalDoRosario on About
- SEO Explained in 3-minute Video | @AnibalDoRosario on About
- Definition of Sessions (Visits) Changed in Google Analytics | @AnibalDoRosario on About
- Google Plus Facts and Figures July 2011 | @AnibalDoRosario on About
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
Disclaimer"@AnibalDoRosario" is Anibal do Rosario's online repository for Internet Marketing & Online Strategy Cases, Facts and Figures.
Whereas "AniBlurbs" is an online column discussing the "Why?" (Strategy), "@AnibalDoRosario" is about the "What?" and the "How?"; taking a more practical, hands-on approach towards Internet Marketing & Online Strategy.
Everything posted on this blog, is not read or approved by anyone for any organization whatsoever before or after being posted here.
Feel free to contact @AnibalDoRosario for more information and/or his current stance on any given topic discussed on this blog.