- Social Media
- Email Marketing
With Timeline and ticker, Facebook introduces two new User Acquisition & Engagement points for marketers this week:
- The ticker, which shares activity on the network with more emphasis on how recently it was published.
- The news feed which appears to be relatively unchanged from before in that marketers need to get their users to share updates that can easily attract likes and comments for higher rank.
- The Timeline — is probably the most difficult to break into. A third-party app would have to produce a news feed story that attracts enough engagement that it might count as the best update from a given month or year of a user’s life.
Looking strategically at the changes Facebook has made in the past few days, including the announcement of “GraphRank” at the Facebook F8 Conference today, there’re at least three practical implications for marketers trying to engage with users on Facebook moving forward: Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Beginning today, there will be a change in how sessions are calculated in Google Analytics. Google believes this update will lead to a clearer understanding of website interactions.
Currently, Google Analytics ends a session when:
- More than 30 minutes have elapsed between pageviews for a single visitor.
- At the end of a day.
- When a visitor closes their browser.
- Google Plus passed 18 million users on July 20, 2011;
- UPDATE August 3, 2011: Google Plus hits 25 million users in one month time;
- At its peak in July 2011 Google Plus added over 2 million users a day;
Facebook’s EdgeRank Formula
Σ ue we de
- ue – affinity score between viewing user and edge creator
- we – weight for this edge type (create, comment, like, tag, etc)
- de – time decay factor based on how long ago the edge was created
Get Updates by Mail
- Brand Utilities: The End of Advertising Magic?
- Tech-Optimism Debunked by Evgeny Morozov? (VIDEO)
- Social Business Hierarchy of Needs
- Coca Cola Shares Social Media Strategy deck (Case)
- Billion Dollar Customer Loyalty Lessons by Zappos?
- The State Of The Internet 2010 – Facts & Figures (Video – 3:52)
- Flash is een blijvertje (Opinie)
- How Do You Build a Chocolate Brand? (Video – 3:00)
5 Recent Comments
- Facebook F8 Updates: Graph Rank, Open Graph & Timeline | @AnibalDoRosario on How Facebook’s EdgeRank Works
- Facebook F8 Updates: Graph Rank, Open Graph & Timeline | @AnibalDoRosario on About
- SEO Explained in 3-minute Video | @AnibalDoRosario on About
- Definition of Sessions (Visits) Changed in Google Analytics | @AnibalDoRosario on About
- Google Plus Facts and Figures July 2011 | @AnibalDoRosario on About
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
Disclaimer"@AnibalDoRosario" is Anibal do Rosario's online repository for Internet Marketing & Online Strategy Cases, Facts and Figures.
Whereas "AniBlurbs" is an online column discussing the "Why?" (Strategy), "@AnibalDoRosario" is about the "What?" and the "How?"; taking a more practical, hands-on approach towards Internet Marketing & Online Strategy.
Everything posted on this blog, is not read or approved by anyone for any organization whatsoever before or after being posted here.
Feel free to contact @AnibalDoRosario for more information and/or his current stance on any given topic discussed on this blog.